You’re invited to embark on a journey with me. My personal journey towards living a more fulfilled and purposeful life. I realize that the statement alone can mean a lot of different things to different people, so hopefully this will inspire you.
Out of Balance
My current state is one that is out of balance. I’m a full-time working mother and wife, but sometimes I struggle with neglecting my home duties. I am pursuing my Master’s Degree which requires an extensive amount of time away from my family. I’m attempting to be successful in blogging, and over the past few weeks I’ve found myself overwhelmed and consumed with content creation and formatting the site. Additionally, I’m struggling with anxiety and broken relationships that have kept me up at night (especially during the Holiday season that just passed). My husband and I spent quite a bit of money last year and are currently trying to stay on top of our finances and not add to our debt. It’s all out of balance.
Not a Resolution List…
For centuries, people all over the world celebrate the New Years by creating a Resolution List. For a lot of people, the New Year’s Resolutions start out with good intentions, but fail to keep the momentum throughout the entire year.
Don’t be confused. This isn’t your typical “New Year’s Resolution” post. Rather, a beginning of a journey to seek balance.
My Journey: Day 1
Let this be day 1 of the journey ahead. Even as I write this, I’m not too sure exactly what “balance” will look like. But here are a few things that I’d like to achieve during this journey:
- Strengthen my marriage. Marriage takes work. This year, I (and my husband of course) commit to work harder on our marriage.
- Living intentionally. What does that mean? I’m on a mission to find out and live with more intention.
- Live within my means. I am currently over $10k in credit card debt. This has been on account of living beyond my means. Retail therapy, expensive vacations, unnecessary handbags, etc… I’m setting out to eliminate debt this year AND really living within my means.
- Less (or limited) technology. In our day and age—it is EVERYWHERE. After all, this post was generated via technology. I’m looking for a way for my family to be less consumed in technology. That includes limiting device usage in our home (Netflix binge watching, E’s tablet use, and social media during family time).
- Focus more on self-love/self-care. This one is vital. By focusing more on taking care of ME and finding a way to love myself, I will become a better wife, mother and friend. Not too sure what that will look like….to be determined…
- Not holding grudges. I hold on to grudges—hard. I realize that’s not a good way to live. I really believe that finding a way to let go of things easier will help me be happier.
- Rid myself of all toxins. Toxic food, people, behaviors, attitudes, even friendships. I will begin a journey of eliminating all toxins in my family’s life.
I used these things as a basis for creating my vision board tonight. This will be a work in progress, but one that I am committed to working on as long as it takes. I post this tonight as a way to hold myself accountable and check back often to see how I’m doing against these goals.
What are some of your goals this upcoming year? Share your journey goals in the comments below.